Visit the FC Shop!

Monday 2 April 2007

Golf & Power

What a price to pay!!!

The other day I decided I was losing my battle with the Pork Pies (I have a love/hate relationship with these temptresses of the fridge!) so I decided to take my annual stroll.

During the course of my sojourn I finally discovered why it is that BMW drivers never (well, rarely!) give way on the road, and why local politics is so corrupt, especially when it comes to dodgy businessmen, planning permission etc.

My wanderings took me across a golf course and it was here one of the FC sprogs (who accompanied me just in case I needed to be carried the last few yards on the return journey) made a discovery.

This posh golf course, so beloved of BMW drivers, businessmen and councilors (many present on this day resplendent in their dodgy trousers, golfing jumpers, questionable headgear etc.) had, the sprogs told me, machines dotted around the course for the golfers to wash their balls!

No wonder these people have a superiority complex! So the councilor being schmoozed to persuade him to give planning permission, the businessmen taken on a 'round' to finalise a deal, and the perennial BMW driver out with lesser mortals will, no doubt as part of the sycophant experience, have his balls washed and cleaned by his golfing partners.

It makes Ron Davies's badger-watching near busy lay-bys with public toilets to hand look positively normal!

So the next time a BMW driver refuses to give way on a public road, don't feel angry. If the cost of such arrogance is having your balls washed by underlings, then I'd rather be a considerate driver in my modest car!

Maybe if the system wants to clean-up local government they could start by removing these machines which can only reinforce the corruption of the local "layer cake" (see the film of the same name for the relevance).

Viva La Revolucion!

0 comments:


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com